Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 1 April 2018

April love - journal and calendar pages!

Happy Easter to all of you!

As most of you know - I love Paris, I love flowers and I love my husband and my calendar journal spread for this month connects all three! 

We are going to visit Paris this month and will be away for his birthday! I have also used some Carabelle Studio stamps by one of my favourite stamp designers - Azoline who lives in Paris and I think loves flowers as much as I do!
Here is a pic of my March spread - not quite filled in as I won't be near my computer on the 1st!
As its Easter Day I also have an Easter journal page for you!
Alison has a great theme for this month at Art Journal Journey - Collage or Recycle.
I have used a magazine image that has been in my scraps for a while now. I used some paper that has been lining a box I use for spray inking - whenever I change it I tear off any bits that look interesting. The tape at the bottom is like an image transfer from a plastic lid that I use as paint palette - it worked great on some blue and metallic paint that had dried on it.

The background also uses some paint that hadn't quite been used up so I spread it on my page with a baby wipe and added a bit of random music stamping.
The stamps are Paper Artsy Elena Zinski ones - I coloured the circles gold and added a little bit of doodling too!

Finally I added the quote which is part of a quote from an old Paper Artsy Squiggle Ink set that I 'found' while reorganising my stamps!

I wish everyone a Happy Easter, a day to be celebrated for sure!

Thanks for looking, Chris

15 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Happy Easter 😁. How exciting to going to Paris again and on your hubby's birthday too - sending him Happy Birthday wishes for later this month! Your page is beautiful with the cute bunny rabbit, recycled papers and touches of gold - perfect 😁. Wishing you a very Happy April! J 😊 x

froebelsternchen said...

What a wonderful bunny page - so beautiful and so nice layered .... your style is unique Chris- so happy to see this beautiful page linked to the new theme at AJJ ! Thanks bunches for all your support always - Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I love your beautiful calendar pages! And wow...Paris again and celebrating your hubby's birthday there sounds just wonderful!

Happy April and Happy Easter dear Chris!
Hugs, Susi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm simply thrilled for you and T and going to Paris on his birthday is even better. Fabulous calendar pages that always put mine to shame. I always love reading yours because your life is SO much more interesting than mine.

You picked a fabulous first entry for Alison's theme this month. I'm in AWE of the collage and of course, the recycled images/papers, too. I was thrilled you linked this beautiful entry with us at Art Journal Journey. And here's wishing T a fabulous Paris birthday, too!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to wish you a very happy belated Easter, too!

My name is Erika. said...

Hope it was a fantastic Easter Chris. And lucky lucky you to be off to Paris this month. I bet you are looking forward to that. I love your bunny page and your calendars too. They are really pretty. Hugs-erika

chrissie said...

Such a happy post Chris with your wonderful calendar spread and journal page. Can't wait to see your photographs when you go to to Paris as you always find something unusual to share with us.

Love Chrissie xx

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous pages and a lovely bit of recycling Chris! Love the bunny!
Thanks for joining the AJJ challenge!
Happy Easter,
Alison xxx

Redanne said...

Your calendar pages are always beautiful Chris and your Easter journal page is an absolute delight with the lovely bunny and wonderful collaging!

How wonderful that you are off to Paris again, I hope your hubby has a lovely birthday (well who wouldn't in Paris !). I am looking forward to seeing your photographs already! Hugs, Anne xx

Redanne said...

PS - hope you are having a lovely Easter weekend too! xx

Meggymay said...

Happy Easter Monday Chris.
the calendar pages and collage look fabulous.
Sorry this is short, I am having internet issues.
Yvonne xx

Marjut said...

Lovely page. Happy Easter!

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy Easter! I love your quote about "ordinary moments". So true :)

Rita said...

You will have a wonderful time! Love your calendars...and the bunny with the great quote. :)

sheila 77 said...

Your bunny page is lovely and what a wise bunny he is with his comforting words.
Have a great time in Paris - of course you will.

sheila 77 said...

Also meant to say how very pretty both your calender pages are. April looks so full of promise - and maybe with some warmth and flowers (it's snowing here).