Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 10 February 2018

A White Elephant!

Shall we all go off together somewhere warm? 
It was forecast as being warmer today but I can't say I noticed when we went shopping. Tomorrow is forecast as being very cold!!!

I have even been using cool colours to make another journal page for Rike's 'Animals A from to Z' theme at Art Journal Journey!
I used a couple of new Distress Oxides - Blueprint Sketch and Shaded Lilac along with Twisted Citron to make my background and then used Blueprint Sketch DI and Lettuce and Denim (discontinued) Adirondack inks to stamp randomly over the top! 
My elephant is one of my favourite Tracy Easson stamps and was stamped onto some card and fussy cut, then stuck over the same image that I had stamped on the page so I didn't loose the detailed edges. I drew in some extra grass.
The quotes are some from a Visible Image set.
I looked up the meaning of 'white elephant' and put it into my Print Shop programme - I don't think this cute elephant could ever be useless or troublesome!
I finished my page by doodling around the edge and by the dictionary meaning.

Thanks for looking, Chris


17 comments:

Helen said...

what a great page! It was a bit less cold here today; but like you say, it won't be tomorrow.

Beo said...

Oh, I love you white elephant!
And of he isn't useless or troublesome!!
ciao Beo

Beo said...

I wanted to write "of course" ...

Meggymay said...

I think you white elephant looks so adorable. Its a fantastic page Chris and the colours are lovely.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I actually adore your white elephant, your play on words, and your snazzy journal page. I have a bunch of white elephants and none are as adorable as yours. Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey, too, dear Chris.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, your elephant is very cute. It's freezing here, and rained over night, so will probably be slippery outside. Have a nice Sunday, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

I love your white elephant on this amazing page Chris! Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey again - I apprecaite it so much!
Susi

Rike said...

What a beautiful page with a fabulous meaning! I used the google translator to know what white elephant means in German. Your white elephant is surely no "white elephant" :)
Your background is wonderful, and I especially like your fine doodling on the whole page, and the bold words!
Thank you for linking such a fantastic entry to Art Journal Journey!
Rike x

chrissie said...

A fantastic page and very artistic. I would like to be somewhere nice and warm please

Love Chrissie xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris and I just adore that white elephant.
Avril xx

Divers and Sundry said...

This is a white elephant no one would object to :) What a great page illustrating that term :)

craftytrog said...

I love your white elephant page Chris! Been a chilly day here, and we got snowed on when we went out walking.
Alison xox

My name is Erika. said...

That is one cool elephant. Talk about a fun animal image and entry for Rike's challenge! I love it. Hugs-Erika

famfa said...

Your elephant looks so loved. Adorable x

Little Artbee said...

It is a wonderful page and I love the cute elephant.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Linda Kunsman said...

such a delightful page Chris- and I am in love with that darling elephant stamp!

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh, that definition is definitely not true in this case! Your little white elephant is so adorable and a joy to look 😁. Enjoy your week! J 😊