Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 10 October 2017

It's Halloween….at TIOT!

Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday gives you a chance to get something made for Halloween!
To be honest I struggle a bit with Halloween - not my favourite time at all!
I was helped along the way by some skull stickers I found in the sale at Paperchase earlier this year and decided to make a tag.
I used PA Infusions(Rusty car)onto watercolour paper and added some random stamping and stencilling.The scraps of tissue tape and book page were added along with the transparent sticker.
I started with a Kraft tag which I stamped around the edges- this little shabby film strip stamp is always on my desk.
I dabbed some Vintage Photo Distress Ink onto my mat and dipped the book page into it
I painted a bat and a toadstool  die cut - but had to use a black pen to get into the corners! I added some dots with metallic pens to the toadstools.
Finally everything was layered up...

I added some black ink to the paper, a stamped TH spiders web to the orange paper and some black spatters all over.
I also added some metallic red dots to the top of the tag.
I found a black rose in my flower box which I attached with some fibre.

I know a lot of you folk love Halloween so I am looking forward to seeing the love shining through in your creations - the TIOT challenge runs until the 24th October.

Thanks for looking, Chris

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful tag! Autumn and Halloween are my fave times each year! Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Its a super tag Chris, your colour shades look fabulous, I thought at first it was a skull stamp, it looks awesome the way you blended it on to the background.
Yvonne xx

Rosie said...

I love your tag so much Chris. A fantastic make

My name is Erika. said...

Love the tag Chris. The skull is perfect!

Marjut said...

A fantastic creation, I like this!

Anonymous said...

that is wonderful tag, the Background is fantastic!!!

froebelsternchen said...

This tag is totally cool - wonderful techniques and colours Chris! WOW!

Words and Pictures said...

The film strip makes such a great border frame - very cool stamp! And I love your skull too - I don't need them to be Halloween-y, I'm just fascinated by the bone structures - they're such powerful images when used either to spook or not to spook. Love the Gothic text strips too, and the black accents of the silhouettes and the topping finish it all off beautifully.
Alison x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous tag Chris, thought the skull was stamped. It's a great background.
Avril xx

Cath Wilson said...

Love that shabby film strip stamp... perfect for this theme! You've done a great job of evoking the season.
Cath x

Margik said...

A great tag, Chris, the skull is amazing. The mushrooms and the bat are fabulous too.
Mar xx

Helen said...

what a great skull! I never think to look in Paperchase for stuff like that. I love the finished tag.

Carol said...

I do so love the tag you made ♥ Happy T DAY♥

Joan said...

Super tag, love the skull


Joan

Unknown said...

Love you tag Chris! X

Divers and Sundry said...

I love Halloween and love how you capture the spirit of it.

Marina said...

You've made a really atmospheric piece and I love those toadstools. (actually, they would fit right in with our challenge at City Crafter Challenge Blog, if you fancy linking up).

Thank you for letting me join in as GD.